Tuesday, June 5, 2012

May 21, 2012


                                                                                                   May 21, 2012

Dear Mom, Dad, and Family,
Hey family!  How is everything going?  I hope all is well and still going great.  Anything new?  You know I will always ask that question.  How is everyone?  Anything happening this summer?  Keep me updated.  Oh first off, it was great to talk to everyone.  It was awesome, I loved it!  It was great to hear from you guys and how everyone is doing.  Wasn’t too bad to have to hang up since it won’t be too long before I see you all, but don’t think that yet. I love my mission and just like that book, Mom, where he asks –“do I have to come home?”  I so love the people here and can’t imagine life without them and talking and joking with them, too. I love the language! So amazing and I thank God everyday for the privilege and blessing of speaking this language. Amazing stuff.  Hey, if by chance my brothers could write some thoughts on how to finish strong as well as Dad, that would be great, just some good words of advice for me.  I am not trunky, I just am always willing to take good advice and how each of you worked in your missions.  I think it would be cool.  Thanks.  It would be good to hear from Tyler and Ross, too if they can.  Thanks a ton.  Love you all.
My birthday- ha ha .  Well I started out the morning getting hosed with water , then mackerel and flour dumped on me and thrown on me while they sang Happy Birthday to me.  (I even got the monkey version). Just grand! We had a decent day with keeping busy before coming back to our home to help prepare the umu (rock oven), for the pig (yep size 2) luau/palusami, chicken ( moa tao), ulu (breadfruit) and talo!  All prepared just for my birthday.  So much fun, but I also could see how loved I was and I so love that family!  So good to me and loving and caring. So grateful to them. Oh and Koko Samoa!  My cake consisted of ulu and talo.  Wait till you see the pix.  So awesome!! 21 yrs. old, wow, I don’t feel like it.
Wednesday we were busy with transfers even though only one was transferred from our zone with one that came in.  Elder Lokeni from my MTC was switched with Elder Kinnison who became ZL in Upolu South Zone.  It’s fun to have Elder Lokeni here, he is a cool guy.  Also had splits in our zone with other elders who were sick, well I mean Elder Logoai who had his wisdom teeth pulled.  Not fun.  Also a group finished on Wednesday of decent size, but with mainly people from California on that one.  Yep, that was big.  Also my son, Too-Faalogo got transferred here to Tuanai area.
Big things that happened was with M.  First, thinking she was engaged, but on Friday found out it was all broken up.  That’s where the spirit of the Lord guided us and also witnessed to M of the truthfulness of this gospel.  We gave her a blessing of comfort and the next day taught a good first lesson. Cool thing is she just kept thanking us for helping her and the peace she felt after the blessing and how she read constantly from the Book of Mormon and felt at peace.  So awesome there. Loved that experience.  Also we have member work going in Pesaga 5th ward.  A sister/teacher of Pesega invited a girl her age 18, named T, to learn more and she accepted and we had another amazing lesson. She felt the spirit and especially at the First Vision part.  Sister F was the one doing the missionary work.  She wants to be baptized and oh, so does M. Oh and also had a grand visit with two less active families, the K and F families.  Sister K was so great and I felt so humble and teared up when she thanked me for persisting with her and told me to do that with everyone as she knows I won’t give up on her.  I love that family, especially sister K.  I felt of her love for me, too when she talked to me. Then the F family, the mom is the only strong one and she just had a stroke so we are going to work with her and her kids.  So much stuff, not a lot of numbers, but meetings and visits and now work that can be done.  All good things happening.
Sorry to cut it short, but I have to go.  I love you all!  I know this is the only true and living church.  God lives and so does His Son, Jesus Christ who is our Savior.  They love us infinitely.  We have a living prophet, Pres. Monson.  The Book of Mormon is true!  The work done in temples is true.  Thank you so much for the boxes and everything and all you do for me.  Thanks to everyone.   Alofa tele atu mo Outou!  Keep strong and endure to the end. 
Alofa atu,
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment