Monday, April 2, 2012

March 19, 2012

                                                                                   March 19, 2012

Dear Mom, Dad, and the Family,
Malo Soifua Lo’u Aiga!  O a mai outou?  Seki a mea uma?  I am so excited for Jared, tell him congrats for me.  That’s awesome. I’d better get an invite, even though I won’t be there.  Also excited for Kinnon, but not that it all happens before I get back.  He should wait until August. Ha ha.  No, do it when the future wife says to do it.  See I learn a lot on my mission from talking with the senior couples. They always bring great wisdom. Keep me updated please.
First up is our baptism and also that was on the last day we were comps, meaning Sefo and me. Anyways it was Pomate’s baptism on Friday.  We finished up his lessons on Wednesday and had his interview on Thursday and his baptism on Friday.  I was able to perform his baptism and it was well prepared as far as the program went, but the attendance was low.  We want to have good support always, but it is hard sometimes for people.  My guess is because it was Friday, people were working also. He, Pomate was happy and that’s what matters.  Funny thing is I forgot a tre so I had to put my white one back on for the last of the meeting.  Oh also, our ward mission leader completely blanked on my name and called out Elder McKay’s name thinking that was me.  He is funny. Pomate was great though.  Smiling and then on Sunday when he received the gift of the Holy Ghost and was confirmed, it completed all of it.
This past Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. -4:00 p.m. we had a defensive driving course. It was absolutely boring and only told us the rules of the road.  Instead of designated distance from the car in front of you, they say “just don’t get too close”.  They told us different stuff and then didn’t have us drive, because there were too many of us.  They had all ZL’s that hadn’t been certified go in order to save money on insurance, I think.
Also this past week, was the 50th Anniversary of Apia Stake, the first stake here in Samoa! It was an all week celebration, with the completion on Sunday the 18th, the exact day 50 years ago that it was organized. Elder F. Michael Watson was able to attend as well.  He had earlier on Sunday organized another stake in Savaii Puapua.  Yep a new stake was organized, and another celebrated 50 yrs.  On Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday we were able to go at night to the celebrations and watch the dancing. I took videos and it was way fun. Loved it! Only get to see that once in awhile.  On Sunday, they showed a video of the history of the church in Samoa up to the organization of the stake and building of the temple. Awesome!

Yep, now to tell you about my new comp. Last Thursday, Pres. Leota called us in and told me that Sefo was transferring to Vaitele and Elder Malaga was coming to be my new comp.  Malaga is a good hard working missionary and we are ready to explode in the work. First day with Malaga we had a service project on Saturday at V’s house, a less active, so hopefully that helps out.
Well, I am cutting it short, sorry, but I have to leave.  I love you all and miss you!  Thanks for everything.  I know the church is true and Jesus is the Christ and the head of this church.  Out te Alofa tele ia Outou!

Alofa Tele Atu,
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment