Saturday, November 26, 2011

MY COMPANIONS FIRST BAPTISM!!

                                                                                                              November 21, 2011

Hey everybody!!   What’s happening?  Anything new going on?  Hey all of you over there in America and any others from the USA, Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I hope it is a great day, full of thanks for everything and also a huge ol' feast.  Here not so much, unless our fafaga has lived in America before ha ha!!  But all will be good, maybe we will bake a cake in our random oven in our house we somehow got to work.  That should be interesting.

This week was Amazing!!!!  We had such a great day on Saturday and I have to say the hand of the Lord is in this work as everything worked out as planned, nothing wrong and just as smooth as it could have been.  On Saturday morning we had the wedding at 10 for Talaave and her husband Talosaga and the stake president was so good and was ready right on time and we went in and he got started right away and then performed the wedding and the cost was only 20 tala that I just paid for them.  Then after grabbing a bite to eat we went back to Puapua and Elder Asaasa who is our zone leader with Elder Paulo, did the interview and he said she was good and prepared to be baptized.  A little while later Asaasa and Paulo dropped us off in Lano so we could teach/talk to Kiki and Ruta and invite them to the baptism that was happening in an hour (I will write about that visit later).  Anyway after dropping us off they went and picked up Talaave and Talosaga again, along with Talosaga's mom and little brother who wanted to attend the baptism. They were really great that day to cancel all their appointments and help us the whole day to accomplish the wedding and baptism that day, I was really grateful for all of that.  The baptismal service went awesome and my comp was nervous but way excited and happy!!  Also what is great is that in a year their goal is to go to the temple and be sealed for time and all eternity and they asked if I was going to be able to go, but sadly no I will not be able to.  It was a great day and ended the week great!!

Now for the visit with Kiki and Ruta. We got there and I started talking to Ruta as Kiki was coming back from buying something and we invited them to the baptism that was in Lano, but they said they couldn't go unless I talked to Kiki's dad who wasn't available.  So ya we didn't want her to get into trouble so then we sat down and had a lesson with them.  We read 1 Nephi 3:7 and told her that God has a path prepared for her to be baptized.  We just need to work together and have faith and go forward knowing it may not be easy but it is according to the will of the Lord who loves all of us and wants what is best.  Then I talked to Ruta and asked her some questions and she eventually explained to us she doesn’t think it necessary to be baptized again as she already was by her church and that she did believe that this church was true but also all others are.  I then explained the great apostasy and how the priesthood was taken away and had to be restored and that in reality this is the only church in the world who works through that power and other churches and their preachers really do not hold that priesthood power.  She accepted that a little but then I asked how her reading of the Book of Mormon was coming and she said she hadn't been reading or praying about it.  I then just simply said if she really wanted to know the truth about this church, Joseph Smith and other things she has questions about, it is all based on whether that book is true and I quoted again the introduction which says that.  They told me that since they are busy this next week with a wedding and the next time they will have an opportunity to talk is the first Saturday of December, they would both read.  Kiki continuing as she has, and pray about it and we would check up when we go back.   Hopefully she does it, she seemed pretty interested in my claim that the truth of everything bases off of whether the Book of Mormon is true. Pray for them!!

So for this next week we are working on getting members to reteach the first four lessons to Talaave and try to get the ward more involved with missionary work in Puapua.  It should be good and is something we gained too from the Preach My Gospel DVDs, so that is helping us out in getting more ideas on finding and also is helping us improve other parts of our missionary work.  Also on Tuesday we had the Kroghs come over and hang new curtains for us, they are really funny and fun to be around, love them.  But ya, that is the update this week.  It was an awesome week!!  I loved it and could feel the spirit at the baptismal service so strong and Talaave was so happy!!  It was a great opportunity for my comp, I was so happy for my comp too, he was all smiles.  I know this church is true and this gospel we preach does change lives.  I know President Monson is the Lord's mouthpiece on the earth, His living prophet.  I know that he holds all the keys to lead this church.  I know Jesus is the Christ our Savior and Redeemer.  His Grace is Sufficient.  I love Him.  This is His work.  I am so grateful for this great opportunity to be a missionary of the Lord.  I know the Book of Mormon is true and the word of God.  I love you all!!   Ou te alofa tele ia te outou!!  Thanks for everything!!  You guys are the best!!  Happy Thanksgiving!!  Remember, Keep Strong!!

Alofa atu,
Elder Cody John Walker








No comments:

Post a Comment