Wednesday, October 5, 2011

GENERAL CONFERENCE!! KONAFESI AOAO!!

Talofa ma Malo Soifua!!!                                                                                 Oct. 3, 2011


WOW!!! That’s not even close to summing up General Conference!! Sekia!! It was so amazing!! I loved every talk!! They are inspired men and women. With every talk the spirit was soooo strong during all of the talks. Prayer, Scripture Study, Being an Example of the Believers, Service, Repentance and Forgiveness, "Raising Daughters" (for all my brothers ha ha), and so much more. So great!! I can’t wait for the Liahona to come out and be able to read and reread the talks. We are truly blessed to watch and listen to them. Like the song says "Come listen to a Prophets Voice" and "We thank thee O God for a Prophet". I learned so much and I need to continue to grow and progress. I need to read the Old Testament that’s one thing for sure. Also I am rereading the Book of Mormon again and am almost done. Can never read it enough!! Gain something new each time I read it. I love Conference. It is so awesome. Can’t wait for six more months.

Oh ya Happy Birthday Angela!!! Manuia Lou Aso Fanau!! I hope it’s a great day and you enjoy it to the fullest!!

Well other then conference being the highlight of my week, we also got in three awesome lessons with L. The first one was on Tuesday and I have to say another one of the most spiritual lessons and all the credit goes to the Holy Ghost. All went just right; I didn't rush but just talked with her and asked her questions and was able to teach to her. She seemed interested and happy the entire time and accepted all we taught. She even accepted to be baptized after the first lesson and prayed too. While teaching, I teared up a few times while talking about how God is our Loving Heavenly Father and how He again has restored the church again to the earth, fully and completely, through Joseph Smith who is a Prophet of God, It was so amazing and I can't even describe the feeling. I feel so blessed more and more as I study and then teach others about the gospel and bearing testimony with the Spirit carrying my words to the investigators. A once in a lifetime opportunity that’s for sure and I love being here in Samoa!!

I can’t believe it has already been past a year. I also can’t believe that Kinnon is home, and then it’s Tyler in December and Ross then Cory and I. Time is going by way to fast. It’s crazy and I don't like it. I want to stay here!! Just got to do all I can and live it up to the fullest!! Anyways ya we planned to teach the 2nd lesson the next day on Wednesday so we left and when we came back the next day it didn't seem the same?! We started talking to the mom of L's husband and she told us that L had talked with her dad and mom over in Upolu and they had said they want to talk and stuff before the wedding and talk more with L before any plans of baptism. Also she said that L loved the lesson but said it was too long??!!

I couldn't believe it, as we had just covered all of it and she seemed in tune and loving it and also in Samoan lessons rarely are shorter than an hour. I was shocked, but knew it is more important to focus on her and her needs, so we planned to cut the second lesson in half and she accepted to continue to listen and we had another good lesson and she said she appreciated it not being as long. Man it kind of shocked me and could have really been a downer, but just trust in the Lord and go forward. Other people think lessons are too short and love to talk for a long time but ya!! We finished up the second lesson on the plan of salvation on Friday and she really liked the idea of living together forever with her family and God at the last day. But the downer of this is they had been talking and don’t want to be married until December. I don't know why but that’s what they are thinking. They are returning back to Upolu and are staying there until December and were thinking then of getting married and baptized. Well I found out where she lives and will refer her to elders over in Upolu to talk and hopefully get things finished up there. Keep praying and helping her understand not to hold off on these things but also keep learning more and keep the spirit in her life. It still is sad though as we were excited for an opportunity to have a baptism here and also for my comp. But just Keep Strong and pushing forward!!

But ya that is the basic short update for this week. You all heard conference so it may be I repeated some stuff. We are planning on finishing the lessons with Lucia and then referring her to Upolu. I know this Church is True and is the Only True church on the Earth. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that President Thomas S. Monson is a true Prophet of God and that he and his counselors with the Quorum of the Twelve are prophets seers and revelators. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know this is His Church and He is at the Helm. I know He is our Savior and Redeemer, our Advocate with the Father. Go unto Him and He will heal all pains both physical and spiritual. His Grace is Sufficient. I know God is our Loving Heavenly Father. I know the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and that it is another Testament of Jesus Christ. It is an inspired book and contains the fullness of the Gospel. I love you all so much!! Sorry for the shortness but nothing else this week. Keep Strong!! Relisten and reread the articles and talks. It is such a blessing and opportunity!! ou te alofa tele iate outou!! Thanks for everything!!

Alofa atu
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment