Monday, October 17, 2011

Cody, Sile and Elder To'o-Fa'alogo

Then finally one of the biggest tender blessings in the area right before transfers was our lesson with Sile!!  We had been trying so hard to get a time with him to teach the last lesson left for after baptism but he has been busy and stuff so we just kept trying.  Finally on Friday we set a time and met with him and started first reviewing all the first lessons before we taught the last one on Laws and Ordinances.  Also what was good is a kid named Fealofani who is 24 but preparing for a mission wanted to attend a lesson with us so that worked out. He helped out on clarifying some parts and using questions to teach.  So while we were teaching Sile I had a hard time trying to keep Fealofani and Fiu Fale the second counselor of the Bishopric, to keep focused on Sile and teach him not try and discuss stuff with me.  The lesson was really good though and at the end I asked Sile to bear his testimony to us and at first he looked really nervous and probably was but then he started and the Spirit was so strong and he said that he didn’t know a lot and he may seem weak and his testimony may seem weak but he was firm in his knowledge that this church was true!!  ‘Mausali’ is what he used and that no matter what he would never turn from it but keep strong and never change churches!  He knows it’s true and with all his heart and mind.  It was such a strengthening to my testimony.  I felt blessed to have had the opportunity to listen to that.   I then bore my testimony, crying a little, and told him how bearing testimony strengthens others and helps your own as well.

Well that is the wrap for this week. Next week-- report from Puapua!! I will miss Sili but we will work hard, if not harder, giving it our all wherever and whenever. I know this Church is true and the only true and living one. I know that God Lives. I know that Jesus is the Christ our Savior and Redeemer. I love Him with all my heart. His Grace is Sufficient. I know that Joseph Smith restored the church in its fullness to the earth and also translated the Book of Mormon. What an awesome book. I will be finishing it next Sunday. I started re-reading at the start of August when Too-Faalogo came and now after 12 weeks, I will be done. I love it!! So awesome!! I know it’s true!! I know President Monson is the true prophet today. I love you all!! Miss ya, but I love where I am at!! Thanks for everything. All the support, letters, and everything. Ou te Alofa Tele iate Outou!! Remember, Keep Strong!!

Alofa atu,
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment