Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Just Keep Trucking!

Talofa Lava!!!                                                                                                  Sept. 19, 2011

Hey everybody!! How’s everything going? Good-- besides the BYU massacre on Saturday, I just hope we can bounce back. Anyway ya I don't have much to say about that, just I am on my mission and am glad I didn't have to watch that! 2012 baby ha ha!!! Jokes everyone jokes. In fact, I don't want 2012 to come actually as that means the end of my mission that year!! Time is going by way too fast; I love my mission and don't want to ever leave!


So this week will be a short report as...we lost Tina this week too. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! And the family told me she ran away just bluntly like so "Ua sola!" which means escaped/ran away. So no good there as she really wanted to be baptized. Found out from other families that the dad, Isaia, of her boyfriend thought to soon be husband actually chased her away making her fly back to Apia. Well we have no pule (authority) over that stuff of course so just talked with them asking if there could be a chance she would return and Isaia just shook his head. So another downer of a week with that news I know and yet again we are on the searching side and trying to find people to teach. Learning patience is hard I am not going to lie. But it is worth it and will pay off as I put trust in the Lord!!


Yep so another thing I can write about is the split we did with Peck, our zone leader, and his comp Faumuina on Tuesday. It went pretty good. Peck and I went on some visits in Sili Lua while my comp went with Faumuina to Sili Muamua and had some good visits. Oh funny thing is when they came back and reported what they did they had all of the people Sili Muamua ask them if I had been transferred, and then on Sunday I had others come up and asked what had happened saying they were sad and mad I hadn't told them. That was really cool, I love the Sili Muamua ward they are great! They are so cool and fun to be around, I am beginning to get that way with the Sili Lua just got to keep visiting and stuff. But anyways Peck and I went to Alofa's house to see if he was ready and turns out he completely forgot. Didn’t really matter, but we just started the visits for the day. First was Isaia's with the story of Tina as you have already read. Then we went next to go see Faamalie and Rasela, but they were both in Tutuila so we are going to go back this week hopefully catch them and change the loomatua's (elderly lady's) mind, Faamalie. Then we had gotten a referral and went next to this house to try and get in to talk and they denied us, but told us to go see their daughter Ruta (or Luka) next door. So we went over and started talking to her. It ended up being a super good visit and we taught her a lesson concerning the church and the Book of Mormon!! Peck was great and just started right in on teaching her and getting to know the reason she hasn't been back to church. She said there wasn't any reason at first but as we talked she got open with us and started describing how some other people from different churches were preaching during their meetings false things of our church and stuff, just shows how scared they are and how persecuted this church is. Well we were able to give her a Book of Mormon and settle all of her problems which she seemed happy to come to know. That was a great visit and I learned some new stuff teaching with Peck. He is a great guy and a great leader as well!


Also my comp got super sick this week as well with the flu and cold and upset stomach. He was bedridden all day Friday. But he is doing better now and we are ready for this week. We have a few referrals to check up on this week so hopefully that works out and I think they all need to married first, but we want to teach anyone and everyone. We are just praying and hoping so much to reap success, but as we are obedient and do all we can we will be blessed.


Well it’s time to go, sorry for the short email but not really any new stuff this week and as I have said the last two weeks. Hope and pray for a better email with better news next week. I know this church is true. I know we have a living prophet on the earth today. What a great opportunity next month for all of us to listen to his voice and the voice of his counselors and the Quorum of the Twelve. They are truly prophets, apostles and seers. I know that Joseph Smith restored the gospel in its fullness to the earth and also the Priesthood which is the power of God. I know that Jesus is the Christ and that He atoned for our sins. I know He is our Savior and Redeemer our Advocate with the Father. Trust in Him. I know that God is our Loving Heavenly Father and He live. I love you all!!! Keep Strong!!! Remember that and His Grace is Sufficient. Ou te Alofa tele iate outou!!


Alofa atu
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment