Monday, August 1, 2011

Interviews and Pres. Leota

Talofa Lava!!                              July 18, 2011


Hey everybody how is everything going?! What’s new and what’s up? I hope everyone is doing great and having fun.

So this past week was another great week and what made it really awesome is when we had interviews on Tuesday and I got to meet the new mission president and his family, President and Sister Leota and their two daughters. Also while president was performing interviews the APs taught us and we were fed too. It was so great though as I went in for my interview and immediately President kneeled down to start the interview with a prayer and from there it was just amazing! He asked me questions about the family and how everything is going. Just wanting to get to know me. Then he asked what mom and dad thought of me coming to Samoa and how my mission was going. Also he was asking about how the work is going in Sili and with my comp. It was so awesome, and then at the end he came in with his wife and two daughters, who shared their testimonies before President Leota ended with his part about what he wants us to work on. He told us it is not something new just widening our vision. He wants us to work on getting our new members connected with the ward and get them to the temple as soon as possible because that statistic is 95% of new members who go to the temple remain active in the church. That is an outstanding statistic and if we did that with the 1800 or so people we baptize it would create a new stake each year and so that was his goal. Awesome man and funny personality as well. I am excited and the work will continue from one great man, President Haleck, to another-- President Leota.

We also had a baptism this past Saturday. It was Lipena (same as Rupena she just likes Lipena better we found out at her baptism ha ha!!) Anyway she is an awesome lady. She had twins too and here in Samoa that doesn't happen very often (just a side note there). But we finished up her lessons and they went great and she loves it all and prayed about it and knows it’s true and she was all smiles and laughing at her baptism just a great experience.

We also received a new investigator this last Thursday in Papa too. Her name is Ruta and we have her marriage and baptism planned for the 30th as that is the soonest we could since she is quitting smoking and so far so good. She has to go for two weeks and says right now she hasn't had any trouble. Just a great lady. We have already taught the first three lessons and will finish up on Sunday and hopefully all will work out on the 30th. It is so great and since we can’t proselyte in Papa and have to gain referrals this is even better.

Well I got to end this and get going. I love you all!! I know this church is true and that it is led by a living prophet President Monson who holds all the keys to do so. I know Joseph Smith is a true prophet and that he did restore the church in its fullness to the earth. I know he also translated from the golden plates that great and marvelous book the Book of Mormon. I know it is true. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and our Advocate with the Father, if we but do our best and repent and endure to the end. I know our Father in Heaven loves us more than we can understand. I love you all. ou te alofa tele ia te outou. Keep Strong!! Remember that. Thanks for everything. You guys are awesome!!

Alofa

Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment