Monday, June 20, 2011

TRANSFERRED!!

Malo Soifua!!!! June 20, 2011

I GOT TRANSFERRED!!! Oh ya I went to Savaii, the other island. It is the biggest island and the least populated. I had been only on Upolu, the same zone too, for the whole time so far. I am now in Sili and it is an awesome transfer, we could be having baptisms consistently each week for the next four weeks or so or prepping people and teaching them. My new comp is Elder Pedersen and he is from Utah and he has 8 months left in his mission (the same mtc group as Aloi) and a good worker we will do great together! Oh first off I have to apologize to my Dad about not wishing him a Happy Father's day last email and to baby Hailee for my fluke in not saying Happy Birthday! Sei faamagalo mai faamolemole. Father's Day here in Samoa is in August so that’s kind of different and I wasn't thinking it is still the same in America. But Dad count on a letter in August for the Samoan Father's Day ha ha!! Sorry about that. But Dad you are the best dad out there and deserve a great day, not just yesterday but every day. I love ya and I know you know that. Thanks for everything. Faafetai mo mea uma. I hope Hailee got my letter. It has been a crazy week!

So ya like I said a crazy week starting Monday when I got the call from the AP at seven saying to prep my stuff I am taking the 4:00 boat to Savaii the next day and being picked up at 12:00. What a surprise. I had been in my second area Lemoli for six months and now I am switching islands. So that night and the next morning I was faamavae(ing) people in that area and saying goodbye and it was sad. I miss that area and the people that are there for sure. Especially the one family of Fiti and the bishops and so many others as well. Got pix taken and finally one with Silia from when my camera broke with her baptism. I didn't get one before, so that was good. Then I left and the Eves picked me up (a couple who will finish with President Haleck) and it was fun to be with them for a little, because I won't see them again for awhile. They even bought me lunch. Then I took the boat at 4:00 with four other elders all going to Savaii. I didn’t get seasick either just to let you know ha ha!! Oh ya it was a huge boat by the way. Anyway it was great and Elder Johnson from my group was one of them and he is now in my zone too. We got to Savaii in about an hour, and I was picked up and dropped off in Sili to go with Elder Pedersen.

It has been quite a week and ended just awesome with 5 baptisms that I had the opportunity to perform as well. We finished up the lessons with a guy named Sile (Wesley) and four kids. Two girls--Laveiafaloa and Nancy and two boys-- Sagalala and Sefilino. It was just an amazing start to a new area. It was good to have Elder Pedersen getting me used to the area too. All these people are so great already, especially our two ward mission leaders who are both returned missionaries too. One of them from this mission and another from the Philippines. Just awesome right now and for awhile just working with referrals. Great great area to replace my last one! I still don't know everything yet and what goes on over here but I will soon. I am just doing great and loving it. The wards are packed as we saw yesterday for Sili 1st and 2nd. We also cover another ward called Papa but only thing is it is closed to missionaries to proselyte, only time we can teach is if we are invited. So kind of a difficult one there.

There is the update. A lot has happened and more this week as well. But yes it is still going forward, this work with the help of the Lord of course. None of this would happen without that I testify of that. I know this church is true and the only true one on the earth. It is led by a living prophet President Thomas S. Monson. I know that Jesus is the Christ and at the head of this church. He is our Savior and Redeemer and only through Him is the plan of Salvation possible. The Book of Mormon is the Word of God and another Testament of Jesus Christ. I know God is our Loving Heavenly Father, more than we can comprehend. I love you all and hope all is well. ou te alofa tele ia te outou!! Faamanuia le Alii ia te outou! Keep Strong! Remember that!!

Alofa
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment