Thursday, June 16, 2011

Faafetai ona Au Paia!!

June 13, 2011

Talofa Lava!!
Malo Malo Malo Lava!! Ua?!? Hey everybody how’s everything going? I hope all is well still and going great, sounds like everyone is living up the summer and having a great time. I heard also from Aloi there have been some floods I hope not too bad and people are ok and stuff but it seems to be pretty big stuff now. So camping and traveling and so much more, thanks for the updates they are great and I love them.

So this week went great and as my title says thank you to the Au Paia (Ward Members)!! The wards in Lemoli are just so awesome and just keep continuing to help us and give us more and more people to teach and baptize its great! Just yesterday on Sunday we received three more kids so that brought our plans of two more baptisms this week to five!! Just awesome!! Their names are Toetu (the girl) and Siaosi and Iu (the two boys and that’s an I not an L too) and also tomorrow the ward mission leader from Lemoli Lua is going on a split with us in the morning to show us a family to teach and baptize, so the work just keeps going which is such a blessing and awesome. Anyway ya so always good to get help and the ward is a great tool to show and introduce missionaries and be a friend to the converts and stuff.

We had three baptisms this last week on Saturday. Two in Lemoli Muamua and one in Lemoli Lua. Lesina and Tilau in Lemoli Muamua and Maanaima in Lemoli Lua. I was able to baptize Lesina and Tilau and it was a great experience and fun as well. My comp Touli performed Maanaima's baptism and it was funny as the Ward Mission Leader was the only one there to conduct the service and preside at it too, as none of the Bishopric were there. Crazy and the first time I have seen that happen but it went well and no problems. It was a great day and another awesome experience!!

Also this past week we had a three day split from Thursday to Saturday with Aloi while Sua went with the other zone leader with a car from Nofoalii, Mariner. It was fun and Aloi is a great guy. Way cool and fun to talk too! Just a sad thing but not to worry all is good and stuff but the car kind of wrecked when a bus took off the front bumper and stuff in Aleisa yesterday as he tried to turn by a blind spot on the road. So ya but no one was hurt and no charges I wasn't there but just heard about it when Aloi called me but ya he’s ok and so is Sua just lucky and blessed!

Things are going great though and I am loving my mission and loving this area. I know this church is true and is led by a living prophet today, President Thomas S. Monson and he holds all the keys of the Priesthood and leads this church. I know Joseph Smith restored the church in its fullness to the earth. I know the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and another Testament of Jesus Christ. I know Jesus is the Christ. I know He atoned for all of our sins. We have a loving Heavenly Father and we can and should pray to Him every day at anytime and He will hear us.

I love you all. Ou te Alofa ia te Outou. Keep Strong!! Thanks for everything!! Faafetai mo mea uma!!

Alofa
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment