Monday, April 11, 2011

Malo Soifua!!

Malo Soifua!! April 14, 2011

Hey everybody, how are you all doing?? How is life going? First, Manuia Lou Aso Fanau to Tori, the best sister right sis, ha ha!!! I hope its fun and everything goes great. Heard the dinner was good with meatloaf?!? I guess it’s alright just not my first choice, it would be mashed potatoes. Anyway Tori reminded me in my email that Baby Emmett is coming soon and around my birthday and mother’s day am I right?!? So how is everything going there Bry and Jesenia? What about the baby girl Elise coming for Tyson and Jen?? Need to get some news from you guys faamolemole!!(Please). Anyway its fun to hear all is well and good.

So this week Mika was baptized! It was great. I had the great opportunity and blessing to baptize him on Saturday. He is really tall like 6 feet 7 inches or so or maybe that’s an exaggeration, but the reason I say this is he didn't bend his knees so I went straight back and almost nailed his head, but then I had to lift him clear up out of the water. It was all good and way cool to be involved with him getting baptized. I found out it was just pen with his Moonshine tattoo, so he got it washed off and stuff. But the other thing that was funny is his earring that he had constantly in his ear during lessons and stuff and right before the interview I told him to take it off and never wear it again, this was Saturday right before the baptism too, and he said yep and took it out and threw it away. I said it partly as a joke, but I was serious and we laughed, but he ended up doing it so that was great. He is around my age so a really cool kid.

So on Tuesday morning my zone and I were blessed yet again to attend the Temple/Malumalu Sa. It was so amazing and I want to go again, but will have to wait. It is just such a beautiful place and the peace and comfort I receive from attending never fails to boost my spirit and keep me going strong. I feel blessed to have stayed in the same zone for this long and keep a consistent schedule of attending the temple. I understood most of it this time as it is in Samoan and felt blessed from the Lord to help me and boost my confidence as well. It sometimes gets frustrating with the language and some barriers I still need to cross, but it all comes in time and with hard work and patience. My comps Asuafi and Touli are helping me a lot and keeping me talking and involved as much as possible. I just need to keep trying and pushing myself and it will come. I am hoping I can understand most of the conversations and speak back alright by the time Mothers Day call comes, at least that is my goal. Something to work towards.

This past week we spent trying to find new families and will continue this new week as well. We have basically finished baptizing all the people we had started lessons with and had dates for baptism. So now starts the searching and finding, It will be difficult but fun. We are really trying for a baptism in Faleasiu itai ward because there hasn't been one there since Silia. We took the bikes on Wednesday and rode to some houses that were referred to us by members of the zone when we did the zone blitz. Ended up only being able to talk to the older guy that we contacted on our split, his name is Fale and a really nice and interested person in the gospel. He has already been baptized but wants to hear everything again and maybe have the kids living with him be baptized, so we will be working on that. He is asking a lot of questions and so that is always keeping the conversation and teaching going and the spirit is there too, I can tell. It was a long ride and Elder Touli wasn’t exactly familiar with riding a bike and the pain that comes to the butt. Oh it was funny and the road is bumpy and not that good so that didn’t help. When we got back that afternoon we were all soaked with sweat and dead tired. It was a great work day!!
Elder Touli got to perform his first baptism on Saturday for the sisters in Siusega. It was good but he had his hands mixed up so had to redo the baptism. But it happens to everybody and plus there is a first time for everything. We have to just learn from the mistakes and keep going, but I could tell he loved it and enjoyed the opportunity. It was fun to see and be there for that!!

Well that’s the update, oh and my comps and I did a companionship inventory last night and it was one of the best things you can do as a companionship. We made the goal to do it every Saturday night. It’s not only for missionaries though I think it’s good for all companionships, like marriages or others ha ha jk but really just to sit and have a one on one to talk. It was good and we talked about things to improve and stuff so that was fun.

I know this church is true and that it is the only true church on the earth. I know that Joseph Smith restored the church in its fullness to the earth through the first vision and other revelations. I know President Thomas S. Monson is a true prophet and leads and guides the church today and receives further revelation for us in this day. I know the Book of Mormon is true and is the word of God, Another Testament of Jesus Christ. I know Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living and Almighty God. I know He performed the atonement so all of us can repent and return to live with our loving Heavenly Father someday. Through the covenants and promises of the temple we can be together as families forever. I know that with all my heart!! The blessings of the gospel are endless. I love you all!!

Ou te alofa ia te oe!!! Keep Strong!!! Remember that!!! I miss you, but I am having so much fun and I am trying to be the best missionary I can be. love ya!!

Alofa
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment