Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Konofesi Aoao!!

Malo Soifua!! April 4, 2011

Hey everybody how’s everything going?? I hope ALL of you had the amazing opportunity to watch to General Conference (Konofesi Aoao) and listen to a prophet’s voice as well as the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve. It was just grand and so cool. The talks were all great! That’s pretty cool about my mission president, Pres. Haleck being called to the second quorum of the Seventy huh!?!? Admittedly and sadly I didn't catch the name on Saturday but I did see him on stage the next day on Sunday before the last session started! He is a really amazing guy and will do great in his calling as he has as a mission president and other callings as well. I will miss him though; he has been a great influence in my mission and will be missed by all I believe. I love my president and honor and sustain him. He will finish his calling as a mission president until the end of June or so till the new mission president comes and then go back and stay in Pago Pago. So that’s all cool because he will still be around. But ya conference was just great I got to say again and I learned so much. Temples, Temple work, Attending the temple (which my zone and I get to do tomorrow and I am so excited my third time to this beautiful Samoa Temple) Faith, Service, and so much more. I loved it all and can't wait for the Liahona to come out. Sad to say but the broadcast all over Samoa went out during Elder Haynes talk and didn't come back on till the Priesthood Session, so I missed out on Elder Oaks and other talks. That was too bad but I am glad I can read it later. Anyway we are so blessed to have had this and so many other opportunities to just sit, listen and learn important truths and receive counsel from living prophets, seers and revelators. It was great and I loved it. Oh one last thing Elder Neilsen of the seventy mentioned being lucky to include BYU Basketball in his talk. Just thought I would throw that in there for all of you. oh yea!!

So what’s new? Found out that Samoa and America have different daylight savings changes. Here in Samoa we spring BACK while you spring FORWARD and when fall comes we fall FORWARD while you guys fall BACK So right now there is a five hour time difference and when fall comes there will only be a three hour, so that’s kind of weird right now for me, but all is good. Kind of funny though!! Anyway so what is the weather like? Is it warming up or not quite yet?? It never changes here just rains some days but never cold. I am glad for that; I don't have to worry about extra clothes for warmth.

This week has been pretty good and we got some good proselyting and walking days in. On Tuesday, my comp Asuafi wanted to go walk the area where we would be doing the split in our zone. So that’s what we did and walked quite a bit but it was good. We made a few stops too and at one stop, shared a little message about the restoration and left a lesson book with the lady there and then left and it felt like a good visit too. Stopped at some member’s houses just to become familiar and talk to them and ask for referrals or just to visit. It is good to let the ward members know you are there and trying to do what you can. Also ward members just love being visited by the missionaries and consider it such a great blessing when we might just be saying hi, but they love it, which makes us feel good and blessed as well by their faith and love!! One family fed us a little which was nice. All the other families offered but we kept going and visiting because we don't want to be a bother. Anyway next we went to Misiona's house, the ward mission leader and planned who would be with whom for the split and stuff then continued our visits before our fafaga and going home for the day. Just a good work day. On Wednesday we went into town and took Mary Anne so she could get a copy of her marriage paper just in case they travel somewhere or something. That’s mainly what we did that day, was getting that and staying with Elders Sua and Aloi the rest of the day.

Thursday was our big split so we all got together as a zone and Asuafi named off who was going with who and then we left to start the day. I went with Elder Tui and a returned missionary who served in Texas and we went on the road that my comps and I had walked on Tuesday. We only stopped at four houses but the last one was excellent and we taught this elderly guy the first lesson and he liked it and had some questions. He was happy we visited him and said he was grateful we answered his questions. The earlier visits were to members who were also glad we stopped in to visit. Most of them go to the church in Fasitoo instead of Faleasiu since Fasitoo is closer, but at least they are going to church. Then after the split the sisters had a service project planned in their area so that’s what we did. It was getting niu branches (a certain kind of coconut tree) and getting the leave things cut off to be used for baskets and other things. It was fun and always great to serve. It was a good day on Thursday and fun!!

On Friday we did the same thing as Tuesday in visiting members in Lemoli Muamua (First) ward all day and like I said earlier it’s always good to do. One guy named Talalelei was especially excited and kind of reprimanded us for not visiting him and saying he sees us walk past his house a lot but not visit. We explained we have three wards and a bigger area so we are busy and he understood and it turned out to be a good visit.
Then came Saturday and Sunday for conference and as I said at the beginning it was great and I loved it. I don't care if I had to wake up at 4:00 a.m. to go to it, because it was worth it and wasn’t that big of a deal to get up early. I am so grateful and feel so blessed for being able to attend all of the sessions and watch in English.

I know this church is true. I know it is led by a living Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, who receives revelation for the church today. I know that the First Presidency and the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles are prophets, seers and revelators and are called of God just like the quorums of the seventy and all general and local authorities. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know He is our Savior and Redeemer and atoned for all of our sins. I love Him and will forever be in debt to Him. I know the truth of temples and the ordinances performed therein are sacred and eternal. I love you all and miss you!!! Thanks for everything. Keep Strong. If we will take the counsel of General Conference and apply it to our lives, we will be blessed!! Ou te alofa tele ia te outou!!! Love you!

Alofa
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment