Tuesday, April 19, 2011

ETEUATI WEEK

Talofa Lava! April 18, 2011

Hey everybody how’s everyone doing?! I hope all is grand and going great!!!
So this week we didn't have any baptisms but we will this next week or some time soon, it’s when the Tama, "Dad", wants to be baptized either this Saturday or the next. It has been a great week with teaching this Tama, whose name is Eteuati. If you can remember he is the elderly gentleman we took to church a few weeks back or so after we had a fafaga at his house. He really liked it and wanted to visit with us more. So on Tuesday we went over to see him and after talking to him for a little, my comp Asuafi asked him if he wanted to hear the lessons and he accepted!! He is around 60 or something years old barely has any teeth, but always smiling. He also has two bad legs I think infected with elephantitis or something, so he has to use a cane, (they look like miniature tree trunks), it’s sad, but that’s what happens here quite often as the people grow older and don't have the same health care as in America and other places. He just has such a good attitude that I have learned a lot from him. Anyway we started the first lesson on Wednesday and I have got to give credit to Asuafi because he nailed the First Vision part of the lesson and Eteuati teared up just a little but it was so great and I could feel the spirit. He accepted all the commitments and when we followed through he had kept them. On Thursday was the second lesson and honestly I didn't do too hot. I was not as prepared as I should have been. Asuafi wanted me to start and I tried but I kind of stumbled over my words a little, but as the lesson moved on I felt better and bore my testimony of the Savior and Eteuati appreciated it. The third and fourth lessons on Saturday and Sunday went the best for me and I felt comfortable and the thing that helped a lot was when I was looking and talking to Eteuati he was smiling and showing he was listening. After I had spoken and then asked if he had any questions, he said he understood it all and that everything was good. But I don't want to focus on me, I am just saying I felt more confidence as I was blessed by the Lord when I was teaching to slow down, calm down and gain a surety I can do it. I loved teaching Eteuati and he accepted baptism so we are planning on that. He came to church yesterday and loved it again. He will be a strong member and will do what he can to stay active.

On Tuesday we had our Suesuega Faalesoa (Companionship Study) with no one other than.... President Haleck!! The newly sustained member of the second quorum of the Seventy. Man was I nervous. First because he would be there, I was excited for the opportunity, but also it would be in Samoan of course as we always do because my comps are Samoan and they want me to improve mine and it helps. Anyway he came right on time, and we had a pretty good study and he shared some stories and thoughts and I understood almost all of it just a word here or there, but he had some great insights and thoughts. It was on talking with everyone from Preach My Gospel so that was fun. It all went well and he said we were doing a good job and keep up the good work.

This week has been a challenge with the water in our house. First the tank went empty so that was an easy fix to get it filled, but when it was fixed, we tried to turn on the pump but it wasn't working so they came the next day and found out it was burnt out and said they would install the new one the NEXT day. So all these days, we have been showering in Aleisa because we have no water. Well some stories there and as Sister Haleck said --Challenges build character ha ha!! Anyway that was that.

On Thursday we had a zone blitz in Lepale which had some good success for them. My group, Tui, Touli and I found one new investigator for them as other groups did too, so they have a work to continue there so that’s good.

Anyway I know this church is true!! I know President Monson is the prophet who leads and guides it. I know the Book of Mormon is the Word of God and Another Testament of Jesus Christ. It has the power to change lives!! I know Jesus is the Christ and our Savior and Redeemer. I know we are so blessed to have this gospel in our lives and should thank God everyday for that and for everything He has given and does give to us.

I love you all!! Thanks for everything. All the support does not go unnoticed and neither do the prayers go unfelt. Ou te Alofa tele ia te outou!!! Keep Strong!!!

Alofa
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment