Monday, March 14, 2011

In Memory of my Grandpa Walker

March 14, 2011


Talofa!!

How is everyone doing? I hope all is well with everyone and that you all are feeling peaceful and the love of our Heavenly Father at this time. I got called by my mission president last night around eight o clock telling me of Grandpa passing away on Saturday. President Haleck was really good about it and asked me questions about Grandpa to get me talking because even though you told me about the blessing last Monday and I could feel it was coming I still didn't expect it to hit like this to me and, personally I was scared. I was honestly lost talking to president for that time and he helped me come back. He expressed his love for me and bore his testimony of the plan of salvation and the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how I will see my Grandpa again someday!! It was great to get his reassurance of that and it helped me. But it was still harder than ever and I am starting to cry talking about it. I went inside and knelt down and started crying. After awhile I started to pray and to thank my Father in Heaven for all my blessings!! I thanked Him for my Grandpa and all the memories. I thanked Him for my family and all the love you all have for me. I thanked Him for the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ and His everlasting Atonement. I thanked him for the knowledge of the gospel in my life and how I have grown up knowing that families can be forever and that we will be together forever someday. I thanked Him for all my many blessings and then I asked for help. I needed help and was struggling then in fear and didn’t know what else to do. I asked Him to strengthen me and also all of you. I asked Him to bless Grandma with peace and His love as well as Dad and your brother and sisters. I just prayed and prayed and prayed for help and comfort!! It was hard for me and I needed Him and the blessing of the Holy Ghost to be with me. It was a difficult thing to hear and still is. I hope all of you feel of my love and know I am praying for you!! I also want to say I feel of your prayers and love for me as well!! I then got up and wrote a letter to Grandma and that helped immensely and I knew it was a tender mercy of the Lord for me to write to Grandma and bear my testimony and help reassure myself I knew of the plan and eternal families as I told that and wrote that to Grandma. Lastly, I wrote in my journal and while writing I read one of the scriptures at the bottom of the pages that I write on (I need to thank Tori for that journal!!!) and it was John 14:27 and it said "Let not your Heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." another tender mercy!! Anyway I am doing better and I asked Elder Aloi to give me a blessing last night and it helped a lot as well so I am in good hands, but I still want a hug from you guys but I can feel your love and that’s enough.

This week has been pretty good in Lemoli and Faleasiu. Oh first off Manuia Lou Aso Fanau Bryan!!! Yet another great Brother and example to me!!! Have a great day and hopefully you got my card. Anyways, we checked Fatuloa's records and couldn't find anything so we taught him this week and finished the lessons and hopefully baptize him next week. He is a good kid and at least acts like he is listening and liking the lessons. I say that because we would ask him a commitment and even my soa would simplify it and he would answer with a totally different answer like "obedience" instead of a yes or no. But we worked with and got him to an understanding and he even reads the stuff we ask him to in the Book of Mormon and the pamphlets we give him so that’s good!!

We also got Litia's and her husband, Ese's, marriage papers done this Wednesday as well as Mary Anne and Peato. It was good and it’s great to help out. Litia is the only investigator, all the others are baptized but we are working with them to be worthy to partake of the sacrament and hopefully marry in the temple some day (Mary Anne and Peato). Now we have to wait two weeks and then the Stake President will marry them and then Litia can be baptized. I really don't know neither does anyone else what will happen come next Monday with the transfer but I am hoping nothing does in Lemoli/Faleasiu!!

Grand News...Silia got Baptized!! It was great!! It was a little tense on Saturday night with the interview. Story is Sua and Aloi (zone leaders) showed up an hour late and Silia said plain out that she didn't want to be baptized and to cancel it for Saturday. Asuafi and I were pretty sad to hear that but had faith it would work out. Next morning Silia calls Asuafi and they talked for a while and Asuafi told her that people make mistakes and that this was a temptation from Satan to stop her from being baptized and gaining this saving ordinance in her life. She said she knew that and that she had been thinking about that exact thing that night. Also we had told her on Wednesday when we stopped by really quickly that Satan would try to work on her and she needed to keep strong. She knew the church was true and asked to get interviewed that morning so we called Sua and he and Aloi left right then and did the interview and she passed and then her baptism was that night and I had the opportunity to do it!!! It was great!! My camera was on the fritz and I couldn’t take a picture but I will with her later I am hoping.

On Thursday Elder Nielsen of the Seventy came and talked to us, or well four zones, and ours was lucky enough to be in that four. It was great and he gave so much great counsel!! It was on becoming personally converted before trying to convert others. He also talked on burying our weapons of rebellion in the mission and throughout life. We will always have weaknesses and so we need to continue to repent and work on putting down things that are keeping us from being who the Lord wants us to be!! Take advice, be teachable and serve hard, it only comes once!! I, as like every missionary, have my weapons of rebellion and he challenged us to look at our lives and find them or at least one to work on and then when we conquer it the Lord will bring another one to bury. It was a great conference and I loved it!!

I love you all!! I miss my Grandpa but I know he is in a better place right now and is being a strong spirit in moving the work up there. I know this church is true and that it is the only true one on the earth today. I know Jesus is the Christ our Savior and Redeemer. He overcame death so all of us will be resurrected again and gain a perfect body and have the chance to live together forever!! I know He performed that ultimate sacrifice the Atonement which is infinite. I know He has felt all of our pains and knows our weaknesses and will be there to help us if we come to Him. We are never alone!! He always loves us!! Thanks for everything. Keep strong. Remember that!! Mom send me a program of the funeral please. I hope all goes well and I know the Lord is continually watching over us.

Ou te Alofa ia te outou!!! I love you all!!

Alofa
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment