Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I LOVE MY GRANDPA WALKER!!

I LOVE MY GRANDPA WALKER!! March 7, 2011

Talofa Everybody!!! How is everyone doing this week? How were the birthdays? I hope all was fun and good!! How was the Chef's salad mom? Man all my brothers are getting to be old guys now. No I’m joking but really!! You are all getting there ha ha!!! Mom you still look 40 or so!! Oh man I am laughing so hard right now but jokes are fun right!!! All the world needs is more smiles and laughter. Manuia Lou Aso Fanau to Jason, another Awesome Brother!!!! I hope all is good over there in Oklahoma with your family and stuff and hope your birthday is good!!!

To start off I have been getting all the news from you and dad, mom about Grandpa Walker. I am so grateful for dad and his worthiness in holding the priesthood and I know the blessing was great. I will miss Grandpa so much. He has done so much for me and I owe a lot to him. I hope Grandma is doing well I know it’s probably really hard right now but I hope all is well and that we can all feel at peace. I know that the Plan of Salvation is true. I know it with all my heart. I know that the Key to the Plan is the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He has felt all of our pains and is always there for us. If we ever feel lonely or saddened we can remember that He is there and loves us always. It makes me cry that he will be gone when I get back, but I know I will see him again. This plan is so perfect and our Loving Heavenly Father created it. I love you all and wish the best I am doing ok and will keep working. I know I am supposed to be here at this time and although I will not be there, I am there. Tell him I love him for me. I know he knows that, just remind him. Thanks for everything. I miss you all but hope all is doing great.

Well this week we have had some crazy things happen. First off I think on Wednesday, we went over to talk to Silia. I thought it would be more questions and other stuff but she just wanted to talk and towards the end said she wanted to be baptized on the 19th! This is so crazy and let me tell you why. If you can remember she started investigating after a lesson with Fesola'i and Malia Moega when I was talking about the blessings of temples. So we started her lessons and it was different teaching her. For instance the third lesson on the Gospel of Jesus Christ it ended up just not going so well. We were kind of bible bashing and she was asking off the wall questions to try and catch us. It was just not a lesson that was the picture perfect situation and all. During other lessons she would ask questions and after we answered she would get this smug look on and say ok like she heard what she wanted. Well we finished the lessons anyway and after the last one on commandments we asked her to stop smoking and come to church and surprisingly she said yes, but she wouldn't commit to baptism. So we went to fhe the next Monday with the Moega's and they told us Silia had stopped smoking and went to all of church and liked it. It blew me away!! She still hadn't said anything about baptism but wanted to talk more!! She just dropped smoking and was continually reading in the Book of Mormon like every day. We went over one more time before this last visit I am talking about and it went kind of the same with her asking questions and we were doing the answering. Then she just surprised us all and said she wants to be baptized! I was totally proven wrong, and I am glad. I thought she just wanted to hear what we had to say and that’s it, but she has changed and she loves talking to us and seeing us. We went over on Saturday too and she wants to be baptized this weekend, so sooner than she first planned. People can and do change. Also on Sunday we found out other great news that goes along with this and that is with Lonise. She said she wants to and can be baptized with Silia this Saturday so we just need to teach the two last lessons and they will both be baptized. Great things are happening and I know the Lord's hand is in it.

Also what is great is Litia committed to baptism, but we need to get her married first!! We went and talked to her mate, I guess that’s what you call it, and he said yes and he is going to church too (he has already been baptized) and was happy for Litia as well. So all that is good and great, she is still strong and coming to church so we just need to talk to the Stake president and get all the paper work and stuff done.

On Friday our water ran out for our house (we have tanks that we use) and the palota was this past week, (voting), and so people were busy and the Eves said no water till Monday so we weren't happy about that but got lucky and they filled it up Saturday night for some reason, so that was a blessing!

All else is good. I am loving it here and the language is still coming. I love you all! Thank you for all the prayers and letters. I can feel them and tell I am being blessed. I know this church is true. I know our Savior Lives. I know that with all my heart might mind and soul. He atoned for us and we can all be together again someday. He is our Savior and Redeemer. I know all these things are true and are eternal. Ou te Alofa tele ia te outou! I love you all. Keep Strong! It is so important!!

Alofa
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment