Monday, February 7, 2011

NEWS FOR ME!!

NEWS FOR ME!! Feb. 7, 2011

Talofa Lava!!!! First off I cannot believe Tyson and Jenny keep secrets from us until they find out the gender of their baby!!! No fair at all!!! Well that is great!!! I am just betting it’s a girl just by the odds of the rest of the family but who knows!!! That’s some great new news for me though!!! I love hearing about all this and how the Walker clan is growing so fast ha ha!!!! I love you all, that’s just great news!!! Oh so I have some new stuff that’s happening in our zone. First off, my comp Asuafi will be leaving to his mission in Papa New Guinea in two weeks since he received his visa and so I will be on my fourth comp when he leaves. It’s kind of a bummer, because he has been helping me a lot with the language and stuff. But he is going to where he was originally called so that’s good for him. Next is the sisters, sister Laulu and another sister, Tualetonu, are going to be the first sisters to serve in an area of Savaii. That is some crazy stuff, the president has never put sisters there before. We are receiving three new sisters and three elders coming up this next week or the week after so sisters Logo, Soe, and Hunt are going to be the trainers. So a lot of new stuff and also Elder Davidson still hasn't gotten his last comp for his mission yet and he is still in a split. So that’s all the updates I have for you so far. It still rains everyday and every night but it feels good just not when it pours!!!
Soooo.... We had 6 baptisms this week!!! It was so amazing!!! We had seven we thought for sure but one went to Tafatafa with her mom so that didn’t work out, but we did baptize Fesolai and Malia and two of their daughters Lolina and Mary. It was such a great baptism!!! The spirit was so strong and Fesolai was like a little kid on Christmas. He was all giddy and happy and excited!! He didn't really know what would happen it was all a surprise to him. Malia was crying at the end and the two other girls were just beaming. It was so great and it felt great to be involved in a life changing experience with them. Then the next day we got to stand in on the confirmation and it was just a great weekend and a great thing to happen to them. They are a great family and will stay strong in the church. I know that because they are strong and have a testimony.

The other two baptisms were a brother and a sister in Lemoli Muamua (1st) it was Viiga and Malu. It was great as well, I had the opportunity to perform their baptisms. Elder Asuafi performed the Moega's (Fesolai and Malia). Anyway it was a great day and our whole zone had some. All together I think we brought into the office about 10 or more baptisms. It was great and sister Merrell was happy. It feels so good to hear of all the success of everyone in the mission and in other places as well. The work is progressing and none can stop it. I love being involved with all of these experiences.

So we are still teaching Silia and had a kind of difficult lesson with her the other night on Wednesday. Elder Pili went on a split with us while his comp Elder Vili went with Davidson. So we went to teach her the third lesson and it took us 3 hours to complete it. It was insane, she just kept asking us challenging questions so as to catch us!!! My comp told me how she already has a good knowledge of the lessons and stuff but she just likes to test us. I finally after she asked the question on whether we believe Jesus Christ was perfect (which is yes!!!) and with the story of the clearing of the temple, I said to her that we can answer all these questions and you can choose whether to believe us or not it’s up to you, the real question is whether you believe and to really know you need to ask the one with all the answers, God through prayer. She got a little frustrated saying thank you I know that. But it ended that and probably some other bible bashing questions. She still wants us to teach her the last lesson about commandments and she will be ready with a lot of questions. Oh well, we will continue to teach and testify, that’s all we can do.
When we went back to visit Lonise, I forgot to tell you about her last week, she is a friend of Taunese (Fesola'i and Malia's Daughter) and she wants to be taught. Anyway she said her mom doesn't want her to be baptized but she wants to finish the lessons anyway and see what might happen. She is a really good girl and I can see she wants to understand.

All in all, it has been another great week. I am trimming up a little bit, my pants are getting looser, ha ha!!! To everyone who thought I would come back fat it’s not going to happen ha ha!!
I know this Church is true. I know President Monson is the true living prophet who leads and guides the church today. I know Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and translated the Book of Mormon. I know the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. I know Jesus is the Christ and our Savior and Redeemer of our sins as long as we have faith and repent and try to be like Him. Ou te alofa ia te outou!!! Thanks for all the support and love!!!
Keep Strong!!! Remember that!!!
Alofa Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment