Tuesday, September 21, 2010

TALOFA!!!! Hey how is everyone doing?? Hopefully just grand!! How is the house coming along? Have ya cleaned up all the mess they leave ha ha Hopefully it’s not too bad!!! Too bad for byu this past week they kind of got their butts kicked just a little bit!! and by air force!! I guess we underestimated them!! ya the whole quarterback thing needs to get fixed and fast!! They need to decide and play who they are going to play!!! oh well I don’t really care until I get back!! well almost! I won’t in Samoa but since I am still right by the campus that isn't totally true!! ha ha but I am still totally focused don't get me wrong but I just don't like us losing!!
So ya it was officially one month last Saturday the 11 and time is sure flying by now!!! I can’t believe I am already past halfway here at the mtc and will be in Samoa in no time!!! It is insane!! The language is still coming but we have a lot more to go!!! Our teachers have sat down with us and we have decided to do a lot more syl (speak your language) during classes and during our meals!!! It is hard but is the best way to learn a language!!! The Samoan language is so awesome and sounds so cool!! I definitely sound palagi and have been told that by the Samoans but they are so cool they help us and are way chill!! I cannot wait to be in that environment for a couple of years!! Our teachers Brother Smith and Brother Sturgess told us they are planning to fly down to Samoa next summer for a couple of weeks or more, that should be exciting!!! They are definitely the right teachers for the Samoan mission. They are way cool and are not like overly strict and annoying!! We are already way good friends and they are only like 3 or some odd years older than us so we can talk to them like we would any other person in our district!! So I am no longer the senior companion but am a junior companion, but two of the elders from our district are the new zone leaders!! Elder Smith and Elder Gschwend! They are good guys and way cool!! We also got our district leader changed to Elder Tanielu who is doing great!!
We have a great district and are all really good friends for the most part!! We may have disagreements or someone may annoy another from time to time but for the most part we get along!! We play volleyball almost every day and it is definitely a good rule to not keep score because we could definitely get way competitive over the score and it wouldn't be as fun!!! The Samoans have been coming and playing with us some days when they should be in class, but they don't care they just come anyway. It is so funny but ya they do what they want!! We definitely go to class and use our mdt wisely but when you are Samoan you do what you want no matter what haha jk but really!! The gym was closed for another two weeks so we still haven’t played inside yet some bball but ya they had some problems with the gym floor so we won’t have the devotionals and firesides in there until like the 28th so ya but its ok I like being outside anyway!!!
My companion and I got a little taste of missionary life by having two appointments fall through in a row, one on Tuesday and one on Wednesday! We were all ready for each one but apparently something happened with scheduling or their bosses!! We have this thing where you can sign up with a teacher in this building and they can act like a progressing investigator and we can teach them the lessons!! Not in Samoan but English!! We actually signed up for a Samoan teacher so we can teach her as a progressing investigator in the Samoan language!! It will be difficult but fun at the same time!! But ya the progressing investigators are good practice and we are getting better every day!!!
I love all of you!!! Thanks for the letters and support!!! I know this church is true!!! I know Jesus is the Christ and He paid the ultimate sacrifice for us!! I know God is our loving Heavenly Father!!! I know Joseph Smith is a true prophet of God!! I know he translated the Book of Mormon by the gift and power of God!!! I know the Book of Mormon to be true and another testament of Jesus Christ!!! I know President Thomas S. Monson is a true Prophet!!! Thanks for everything !! I love every single one of you!!! Love your son brother and friend!!!!
Elder Cody John Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment