Monday, August 30, 2010

Week Number Two!!

Hey how is everyone doing?!!! Well to start this email off I just have to say that this Tuesday I had an awesome experience!!! Elder Jeffrey R. Holland came and spoke to us for our Tuesday night devo!!!!!!!!!! It was absolutely AMAZING!!!! The spirit was so strong when he spoke and what he spoke about was so great!!! I wrote at least 4 or so pages of notes for his talk I just could not stop writing!! At the beginning he started saying that he wanted his talk to be like he was speaking to each and every one of us personally!!! Then as he went into it he kept saying to not miss this opportunity to serve!! He said that it only comes once and to give everything you have to the Lord!!! He also said about how the title of the book is Preach MY Gospel not anyone else's that means that you do it how he designed for us to do it and we will be blessed!!! He also said that the title really isn't complete because the scripture continues on saying that we should "preach my gospel by the spirit" Those words are so important as we teach!! He said so much stuff that I can't even write it all!!! I will write a letter with some more quotes from him it was just an amazing experience to have him come and we were actually pretty close!! Oh one more thing he said was to dedicate every minute to the Lord because we are set apart for His work to preach His gospel!!
Well now I will move on to what else has happened this week, from last Thursday I started to play some soccer and it hasn't been too bad except for the fact that I am basically way out of shape and the food here isn't helping with all the sitting around ha ha ya so what is new up north?? how is everyone? I gotta get some news on like byu football and stuff happening. We don't hear anything happening here but that is probably a good thing!! but I still want to here some stuff!! Thanks for the updates mom on what's happening I still haven't received anything from dad or anyone else besides Jason and Rachael and Seneca whats the matter??? ha ha jk everyone is probably busy and I guess I haven't written to anyone myself but all my brothers and sisters should expect a letter from me if not than it got lost in the mail!! ha ha jk but ya so a funny story is we had a fireside on Monday and it was the missionary coordinating president or something his name is President Stephen B. Allen and he spoke on the four phases that a missionary goes through while at the mtc and on the mission. It was really good and I learned a lot but he was telling the story of ammon being offered one of king Lamoni's daughter and he declined and he made an analogy of president Obama offering one of his daughters but than he was like 'well he isn't lds, at least not yet' then he said the funniest thing, he quoted a scripture saying "well I guess in the end every knee shall bow and every tongue confess" then he paused and I busted up laughing i thought it was hilarious but not many others laughed!!!! I couldn't believe it all around me people were just surprised and I thought it was so so funny!! ya I still laugh to this day ha ha!!!! so ya those were our speakers this week.
The language is coming along just fine, slowly but fine it just takes steps ya gotta get vocab down then ya move on to sentence structure and speaking it out loud!! It takes time but we are only two weeks into it!! But this Saturday we have this trc thing where you and your companion teach a discussion to a mock investigator but for the first 15 min you have to say everything in Samoan and then teach the lesson in English!! It sounds pretty hard and it will be but we can do it! I believe in us!!! But ya also with all the studying I am learning so much I can hardly believe it is so awesome here I love it!!! There could not be a single place anywhere else I would want to be!!! I love all of you guys so very much and miss all of you!! I know this gospel is true and that Jesus is the Christ!! He atoned for all the sins of the world that by him and through Him everyone can be saved and return to our loving Heavenly Father!!! I know Joseph Smith is a true prophet and that he translated the Book of Mormon or o le tusi a Mamona which is another testament of Jesus Christ!!! I know that President Monson is our prophet today and that he has the power and authority to act in God's name and that he leads and guides us today!!! I love this gospel every single bit of it!!! It is so true and I know that for a fact!!! I am so excited to serve and can't wait for Samoa Keep Strong Everybody!!!
Love Elder Cody John Walker
ps expect a tape sometime this month or the next

No comments:

Post a Comment